This is the formal document of Agreement between the camper/parents and the company.
Please ask for hard copy if you have any particularly detailed questions.
It is presumed that you have first read and agreed to the current Terms & Conditions.
The camper ("Camper") should complete this Agreement and Release of Liability ("Agreement") if Camper is age 18 or older. Camper's parent or legal guardian should complete and sign this Agreement if Camper is under age 18. I, the undersigned (or parent/guardian, if Camper is under 18 years old), understand that this is a legally-binding agreement and release of liability of The Young Actors Camp (YAC).
I/Camper requests permission to participate in the YAC identified above. In consideration of permission being granted to me/Camper to participate in the camp activities, I agree as follows:
- Voluntary Activity I understand and agree that my/Camper's participation in the camp activities is purely voluntary and is not required by YAC.
- Release of Liability I, on behalf of myself/Camper, my/Camper's heirs, personal representatives, guardians, successors, and assigns, hereby release YAC and its administrators, faculty, trustees, officers, directors, employees, volunteers, production team, teachers, nurse, as well as any other organization through which Camper is participating in the camp activities and their respective employees and agents (all of whom are referred to as "Releasees") from, and agree not to sue Releasees, for any claims, loss, liability, demands, causes of action, costs, expenses (including but not limited to attorneys' fees), damages or suits of any type, whether in law or in equity, that I/Camper may have arising from, or relating in any way (directly or indirectly) to my/Camper's participation in the camp activities, including without limitation any physical, emotional or mental injury or property damage that I/Camper may suffer as a result of my/Camper's participation in the camp activities, to the maximum extent permitted by law.
- Emergency Medical Treatment I understand and agree that YAC does not have medical personnel available at the location of the camp activities. I hereby grant YAC permission to authorize emergency medical treatment, if necessary, and to transport me/Camper to an appropriate facility to receive emergency medical treatment, and that such action shall be subject to the terms of this Agreement. I understand and agree that YAC assumes no responsibility for any injury or damages which might arise out of, or in connection with, such authorized emergency medical treatment.
- Fitness to Participate I hereby represent that I am/Camper is physically and mentally able to participate in the camp activities and that I have/Camper has no health problems or physical or mental conditions that would present a risk to me/Camper or to others.
- Insurance I represent that I am/Camper is covered by a comprehensive medical plan (health insurance) necessary to provide and pay for any and all medical costs (including but not limited to transportation costs associated with obtaining medical care) and/or I will assume all responsibility for medical costs incurred as a result of illness and/or as a result of my/Camper's participation in the camp activities. I agree to pay for any costs related to my/Camper's medical treatment that are not covered by insurance or if I/Camper has no medical insurance. Please contact our office for a list of travel insurance providers.
- Photographs I consent to the use by YAC of any photographs of me/Camper for publicity, promotion, advertising or other legitimate purposes.
- Dismal from Program I understand that I/my child can be sent home at anytime and for reasons which appear to be valid at the sole judgment of the YAC Directors. YAC shall have the right to, without refund, send home (on notice to parent or guardian), at the parent/guardians own expense, and without escort, any participant who does not adhere to YAC rules and regulations, or who infringes upon others' enjoyment of the camp. I agree to release YAC, its agents, and employees from all the claims arising out of such events, acts or omissions.
- No Promise of Work I understand that no promises are made in regards to work in the entertainment industry or the signing/interest of an agent or manager.
- Field Trip Waiver I request that my son/daughter/myself be permitted to participate in YAC field trip(s). Field trip(s) by way of walking, private car and/or leased transportation. As a condition of being allowed to do so, I hereby release and discharge The Young Actors Camp, (YAC) and all affiliates from any and all claims for personal injuries or property damage that my son/daughter may suffer as a result of participation in the field trip whether or not such injuries or damage are caused by the negligence (active or passive) of the camp or its employees/affiliates.
- Passports Foreign applicants and applicants taking part in any of our travel programs are responsible for obtaining and carrying a current passport. The inability to obtain a passport shall not constitute grounds for cancellation without penalty. The standard refund policy applies.
I acknowledge that I have carefully read this Agreement and fully understand its contents. I acknowledge that I am voluntarily executing this Agreement of my own free will after having the opportunity to consult with legal counsel of my own choosing. I understand that this Agreement means I am/Camper is giving up, among other things, rights to sue YAC and Releases for injuries, damages or losses I/Camper may incur. I also understand that this release binds me/Camper, as well as my/Camper's heirs, executors, administrators, and assigns. I further acknowledge and understand that this Agreement will absolve and release The Young Actors Camp and Releases from any liability in connection with any injury or harm suffered as a result of my/Camper's participation in the camp activities. I acknowledge that I have been made aware of any and all risks of participation in the camp activities.